The 11,000-sf renovation was designed to end “cookie-cutter chemo” and improve staff work flow and productivity. Treatment areas, called LIVING rooms, grant patients control over how they receive treatment. MCA figuratively put ourselves in the patients’ chairs to understand what it is like to have chemo, and then re-conceived a clinical space to improve the experience.
• Five LIVING rooms
• Variety of treatment options to control setting
• Custom-designed window seats
• Increase in capacity from 50 to 67 patients
• Suite of procedure rooms
• Winner, AIA Baltimore Good Design=Good Business Award
• Presented at HCD08 National Conference