With changes in the approach to critical care, the new unit is vastly different from its predecessor. Patient-focused care is the concept that led the entire process from concept through construction.
- Emergency surgery, dialysis, and other procedures provided within each room
- Sub-charting areas with indirect lighting in each room
- Radiology reading room and respiratory services in unit
- Interior contemplative garden in courtyard
- Patient rooms located along courtyard enjoy daylighting and natural ventilation